Organizations who are assisting schools with garden development and tending:
- Hawaii Association of Independent Schools Garden Program (Grow Hawaii)
- Hoa ‘Aina O Makaha (Makaha, Oahu)
- Ka’ala Farm, Inc. (Waianae, Oahu)
- Kohala Center’s Hawaii Island School Garden Network
- Kokua Foundation’s AINA in the Schools program (Oahu School Garden Network)
- Malama Kauai’s School Garden Network
- Maui/Molokai/Lanai School Garden Network
- MA’O Organic Farms (Waianae, Oahu)
How to keep Hawaii school children safe in the garden and wherever they may eat.
- 2009 Pew Charitable Trust’s national report on children being disproportionately affected by food-borne illnesses.
- University of California at Davis’: food safety in your home vegetable garden
- University of Connecticut’s: five steps to safe fruit and vegetable home gardening
- University of Florida’s school garden website
- University of New Hampshire’s: garden to table; five steps to food safe fruit and vegetable home gardening
- University of Maryland’s: food safety in the school garden (great page!)