1 bunch of kale
1 bag of ‘opae or dried shrimp
1 Tbsp. of sesame seeds
1.5 Tbsp. sesame oil
1.5 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 tsp. rice vinegar
1. Depending on the type of kale you use, you may want to remove the thick stem.
2. Put in a pot or steamer and steam the kale until bright green and soft.
3. Here is where I would add my ‘opae so that it gets soft, or you can just soak in warm water for a minute or two.
4. Prepare your dressing and mix together.
5. Top with sesame seeds. ENJOY!
Recipe contributed by Mele Kalama-Kingman, RD.