Roasted vegetables are delicious! They tend to have more sweetness and more intense flavor. Vegetables can be roasted ahead and frozen for later use in soups and stews.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. Chop vegetables into bite sized pieces.
2. Drizzle oil over them; stir to coat.
3. Sprinkle with desired seasonings like herbs, spices, or a pinch of salt.
4. Spread out in a single layer in a baking pan.
5. Put in the oven.
6. Check after half the cooking time is over and turn the veggies over.
7. Bake until the veggies are tender and lightly browned.
8. Enjoy right away, or refrigerate or freeze for later!
Note: Butternut squash takes about 45 minutes total; Broccoli takes about 15 minutes total. Other good vegetables include zucchini, carrots, onions, eggplant. Garlic can be roasted whole. Feel free to use your imagination!